Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sense of Place


Each of us has his own special place, which he or she feels comfortable in. It is a place that a person feels just right in it. For me, that place is a restaurant that is famous for it chai tea. It is a popular place that is neither fancy nor beautiful. It just makes great food, and most importantly great chai. The restaurant is located in the town called Kalba. Kalba is a town the is on the eastern part of the UAE, it resides beside the Gulf of Oman. This town is right beside my homecity which is why I is convient to go by car.
         I remember myself going there all the time with my father just for that chai. We wouldn’t sit inside we would just use something similar to the American drive through.  What made this place special to me is not just the great chai but also the time spent with my old man. The conversation that happened while we drove there to have the chai and the time spent drinking it while driving beside the sea, was at the minimum relaxing, but most importantly it meant bonding with my father.
The truth is places are special to us not because of the place itself but rather of the people that accompany us to that special place.







1 comment:

  1. Dear Unknown Researcher, I envy your relationship with your father! Aren't you lucky to have a place like this place where you could get a good cup of chai tea. My father is gone now, but I think the place I would remember my time with him would be on the Chattahoochee, the river that divides Alabama and Georgia. We used to go boating there back in my teens with my brothers and sister. Your writing has made me feel nostalgic! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete