Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Marshmallow Challange

During the time in the creative writing class we were separated into teams where we had to build the highest structure using just 20 spaghetti sticks and a yard of tape and a yard of a string. We had only 18 minutes to make the structure. Two of the four teams failed, and my team was not successful. My team consisted of myself, Mohammad and Sultan.
          The purpose of the exercise was to see how will we react and build the structure. Personally I think that this exercise was also meant to stimulate our minds into thinking on how to achieve any objects. The thing that surprised me that most was how brittle the spaghetti stick was. I learned that I am not very patient when working with my teammates.
           I think that the marshmellow test can somehow relate the way we try to reach our goals in life and how to support it. Only those with a clear vision can make a structure just like in life only those who dream can make it. This experiacne can help me to plaqn my life and I shall use it in the workplace 
        

1 comment:

  1. Excellent explanation Unknown Researcher! I am impressed by your honesty and insight to your own character. If you know that you lack "patience" when working in a team, what can you do to improve your patience?

    How does one gain a "clear vision"?

    ReplyDelete